Base Hospital Liaisons
Improve communication between students and the College during the Clerkship Program by establishing Base Hospital Liaisons
The Base Hospital/Regional Liaisons will:
• Serve as a representative of student issues and concerns at the base hospital during the Clerkship Program.
• Be responsible for communicating student issues and concerns to students, other Base Hospital Liaisons, Directors of Medical Education, and College Administration.
• Disseminate information between base hospital students and the College.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENT LIAISONS:
Base Hospital Liaisons will:
• Be a representative of their Class at the base hospital until graduation.
• Be knowledgeable of all College Policies, Clerkship Program Requirements, and Operational Policies/Guidelines
• Be Professional in all communications.
• Communicate, on a regular basis, with other students at the base hospital and the medical education office. This will require the liaison to be available via email, telephone and/or video chat.
• Be available on a consistent basis to assist in communication between the College and the students.
• Student Liaisons will be responsible for not only communicating the needs of their class, but also for being a resource for other MSUCOM students in succeeding classes.
• Be a student leader in the hospital:
• As a Base Hospital Liaison, you should have an open mind and present yourself as someone who students can feel comfortable communicating with. You will be expected to share the opinions of all students, even if they are different from your personal views.
• Meet with Regional Liaisons at least once a month to discuss problems, concerns, questions, upcoming events etc. The meetings may be direct conversation, email, telephone or video conference.
Base Hospital Regional Liaisons:
In addition to all of the responsibilities above, the Regional Liaisons will:
• Meet as a group with College Administration at least once every four months. The location and mode of communication for the meetings will be determined by the college administration as needed.
• Be an open line of communication with the Class of 2018 Base Hospital Liaisons
• Be an available resource for students in the Class of 2019 and beyond as they begin to consider their choices for base hospital selection.