Clerkship Operational Policies
- You are required to read all syllabi for all R2s & C3s thoroughly
- Understand all R2 rotation requirements (logs, exams, evaluations, attendance policies, deadlines, etc.)
- Understand all C3 Module requirements & attend all weekly didactic sessions
- Seek advanced permission (for any reason) to be absent from a rotation from your Attending Physician and Base Hospital Medical Education Office. The course syllabus may have limitations based on attendance, so please read thoroughly. MSUCOM Clerkship Attendance Policy
- You will be pulled from your rotation if you are not compliant for any reason (e.g. Immunizations, BLS/ACLS, BBP, COMLEX, HIPAA)
- For problems that arise in your base hospital regarding in-house matters, work with the Director of Medical Education to achieve resolution.
- Contact your Student Support Associate in the Office of the Registrar for all questions regarding rotation schedules, selective/elective rotation applications, and college policy
- MSUCOM does not grant time off for board prep, however, you may apply for vacation time through your kobiljak schedule where out time is available.
- During the Clerkship, you no longer follow University holiday schedules! You are to follow the schedule assigned to you by your base hospital medical education office per rotation. If your rotation/service is assigned to work on holidays, you may also be required to work.
- Student requests for changes to CORE rotation schedules will be denied.
SELECTIVE/ELECTIVE ROTATION APPLICATIONS
- An application is required for every selective/elective rotation.
- 30-day advance application approval required (applies to a rotation add, change or cancellation)
- A student cannot start a rotation without submitting the proper application, receiving approvals, and enrollment prior to the first day of the rotation. Be advised not adhering to this could result in approaching your graduation date with unfulfilled graduation requirements which will prevent graduating on time and could impact your postgraduate training start date.
- 3 maximum selective/elective rotation changes per semester allowed.
- A maximum of 6 two-week elective/selective rotations allowed.
- Schedule all selective/electives early to avoid not receiving financial aid. Aid is released ten days before first enrolled rotation of semester. If this is the first rotation of a semester, aid will not be released until ten days before the start of the university calendar's semester start date.
- An Affiliation Agreement, if required, may take 6 to 10 weeks for processing and approval. It is your responsibility to ask the hospital/facility if one is required.
- Check your on-line schedule in kobiljak often—it is your responsibility to ensure that your schedule matches your university enrollment
COLLEGE OR CLERKSHIP PROGRAM EXCEPTIONS
- Exceptions to College or Clerkship Policies ONLY in rare and unusual circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, by written request, for consideration by the Clerkship Advisory Team: OsteoMedReg@hc.msu.edu.