Visiting Student Application Service
VSAS is a database and application system mainly used by the allopathic programs to post the electives they offer to visiting students.
In October/November of your 3rd Year, the MSUCOM Registrar will upload to VSAS and send notification to you once completed:
- Student Name
- Expected Graduation Date
- Email Address
What YOU are responsible for creating/uploading/ordering:
- Board Scores (if necessary)
- Official MSU Transcripts: Please order your transcript online by going to http://www.reg.msu.edu/Transcripts/Transcript.asp and ask to have it sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. Please specify that it is to be sent electronically to the Office of the Registrar/VSAS, 965 Fee Road, Suite C110, East Lansing, MI 48824.
- Immunizations: You can get a complete copy via this link: https://hcpimmunize.msu.edu/.
- Background Checks/Fingerprinting (If you are asked to provide)
What WE will automatically upload on your behalf:
- Professional Photo
- Transcript (Once received from your online order…see above)
Note regarding the “Supplemental Documents” section on VSAS: If programs on VSAS require you submit any of the following, please email us via the OsteoMedReg@hc.msu.edu mailbox and specify your needs:
- Certificate of Malpractice/Liability Insurance
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letters of Good Standing
For these requests, please include in the email to the OsteoMedReg@hc.msu.edu mailbox the following specifications regarding the above documents:
- Facility Name
- Facility Address
- Facility Contact Person’s name/phone number & email address
- Dates of Rotation/Service
- You can also include in the email a copy of the facility request so that we can see exactly what the facility needs regarding those documents.
Once these documents are completed by the MSUCOM Registrar’s office, the VSAS team will upload them to VSAS in the Supplemental Documents section in your profile on your behalf. More information regarding VSAS can be located at this link: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/vsas/.